Today I had a lunch date with some of my college friends at the oh so posh Oxford Exchange near downtown Tampa. What did this exactly mean for me? I felt the need to do the following:
- Talk in a British accent to mirror the namesake of the restaurant
- Sip my lavender fog tea with my pinkie finger up to look extra classy and sophisticated
- Order something I usually wouldn’t order for the sake of adventurousness, which ended up being a delicious hummus wrap and hibiscus lemonade
- Consciously eat my hummus wrap so as to not look like a savage in front of the attractive waiters
- Take advantage of the lunch date and see it as a chance to dress up… duh!
Lately I’ve been a tad obsessed with the idea of layering. If I have an outfit picked out, I usually throw on this blue chambray button-down to add on the finishing touches and tie the rest of the outfit together. Button-downs, whether they are chambray, denim or flannel, can make an outfit more casual and laid back. Though I briefly considered wearing a pair of gladiator sandals with this outfit, I decided to try the unexpected and go with my gray combat boots to rough up the feminine look a bit. The black crop top is my ultimate go-to, as it can be dressed up with a flowing maxi skirt and wedges or dressed down with high-waisted shorts and Vans.
A few hours have passed since I left Oxford Exchange, and I’m still full from my meal and am still talking in a British accent. Signs of a successful day? I think yes!
As always, thanks for reading!